Continuous Pipe

See “replacement slip lining” for a general description of the method. Polyethylene (HDPE and PE) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipes are most commonly used for continuous slip lining of circular, non-person entry pipes. The new pipe is laid out above ground and pulled through an excavated pit into the host pipe. The new pipe is winched through the host pipe to an exit pit or manhole. In situations where space for layout of the pipe above ground is limited, sections of the new PE or PVC pipe can be butt-fused during the installation process.